Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's For Dinner

Last night we had a really good dinner so I thought I'd share in case you're in a post-holidays dinner rut.


Crockpot Pork Loin
3 lb pork loin (I don't know how this is different than a pork tenderloin other than that it is bigger (and fattier)?)
1 bottle Kroger brand herb and garlic marinade (or really, any marinade that sounds good to you)
1 can chicken broth
salt and pepper

I rubbed salt and pepper on the pork loin and marinated it overnight in the herb and garlic marinade.  In the morning I dumped it all in the crockpot, poured in the can of chicken broth and cooked it on low for 6 hours.  Super easy and dee-lish.

Dill Roasted Carrots
These are so good and so easy!  Kiddos eat them by the handful.  I have to make a ton.
1 bag of carrots - however many you think your fam will eat
dill
salt
olive oil

Preheat oven to 375.  Peel your carrots and slice them into diagonal rounds.  Put in a big Ziploc bag.  I usually fill it up about halfway.  Add salt (1-2 tsp?), dill (1 tbsp?) and olive oil (2-3 tbsp).  Shake it around.  Dump carrots out onto a cookie sheet (nonstick is best).  Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.  Serve immediately.

I did not do the scallions because Gigi wouldn't eat the potatoes with them in there and they aren't really necessary.  Also I used 2% milk so they'd be a little less fatty.

Yum!

I just wanted to share what two bags of carrot peels look like.  Since we all gobble down these carrots I have learned that one bag is not enough.  I knew two bags would be too many though so I sliced the extra carrots and froze them.  Will let you know how those turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment