Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas

So, Christmas pictures are way overdue but here are some anyway!

So, so grateful that our daycare has Santa come to school so we don't have to deal with the mall!


I hate my hair (and my face) in this picture but it's the best one we got.  Amy, can you come take Christmas Eve pictures next year?  Props to A-Dub for semi going with the wardrobe theme.  I know you think I'm crazy, but in my defense, I already had mine and Bobo's outfits - wasn't planning on matching - when I found the dress for Gigi.  From there on I couldn't resist.  Got a lot of stares at church.


Yes, she was saying "that's mine!"


Santa brought her everything on her list!  If you are disgusted by the number of presents under our tree please know we had 9 people opening gifts.  We really tried to tone it down (which we say every year) but between Santa, parents, grandparents and aunt it adds up to a lot of presents.


Bobo loves animals, especially lions.  So it was fortuitous that "The Lion King" was the Disney movie that was for sale this Christmas.  And we have watched it probably 100 times.  Bobo can kind of say lion, but usually what he does is pick up the DVD case and bring it to us.  It's so cute (but really, I've about had enough of Simba and Co.)!


Transferring stocking goodies to a new purse/bag.





Can you see how the flame on the candle on the right is way higher than it should be?  I guess I should have recognized that something was wrong with it, because something happened to it--I have no idea what--but I came in the dining room to find a small portion of the tablecloth underneath the candle ON FIRE.  I quickly doused it out (I don't even know how--a water glass I guess) and everything was okay, except my pretty table cloth and our table has a black spot on it but it's already very dark brown so I think it will be okay with a little TLC.  So glad I happened to come back in the dining room or who knows what would have happened.  The candle had burned strangely - a portion of the side of it had burned down way more than the rest of the candle so I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe the lighted wick fell off onto the table?  Anyway, it still didn't ruin my fun tablescape :)
Opening presents was so tough that this guy had to take his first nap at like 9:30am! 

We got matching boots :)  And we wore them to the mall one day, and got more stares, and I heard a lady say "oh look, they have matching boots," which pretty much made my day!



I hope you had a very Merry Christmas as well!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics....and the Christmas memories. Love you.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete