Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

Oh boy, what a crazy week!  Halloween being on Monday was tough, because we had 2 parties on Saturday, our church's "Fall Festival" (a Halloween carnival) on Sunday night, the kids' school Halloween Walk-Around (they get in costume and go trick-or-treating at local businesses) on Monday morning and then finally our neighborhood Halloween carnival on Monday night.  Of course the kids' Halloween parties were on Monday afternoon so I was at work for approximately 3 hours.  Also of course, I signed up to make Halloween cookies a month ago and didn't really factor in when I was going to make them!  But I'm a woman of my word . . . and thanks to Flickr, I found some really cute cookies I wanted to make.


Okay so my witches look like frogs.  My witch cookie cutter needs a serious upgrade.


And I also did bats.  They were super easy.


We're still majorly into princesses and Gigi made a perfect Snow White.  Love that foot hanging in the background!  That's Bobo.  My friend at work suggested that I get Gigi a Halloween bucket shaped like an apple.  I loved that idea but couldn't find one anywhere so I made it.  I guess I'll save that blog post for next year when it's more relevant!


Bobo was a dwarf.  Non-specific, just dwarf.  People kept asking me if he was Shrek.  He wasn't happy about his hat.  I knew a beard wouldn't fly.


This was the best picture I got and it really annoys me that his hat wasn't styled cute!  It was super cute and my mom made it and the vest and belt.  Thank you Mom! 


I was in love with this guy's costume!  Wish I'd gotten a picture of him and his astronaut big brother.


These two were attached at the hip all night.


Love that these two brought the girl power!  Supergirl (in pink) is my goddaughter and she is as sweet as can be.  Her sister is Batgirl and she is so sassy!  She cracks me up.


Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with your cookies! They are great and the kiddos were adorable.

    ReplyDelete