Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Decor

Saturday was October 1st therefore it was officially appropriate to put up Halloween decorations!


I need a new fall wreath.  Until then, I thought this witch's hat was cute.


Bats!  Last year I saw this on Made.com and loooooooved the idea.  So cute, so cheap, so fun!  I cut out 50 of these while watching Dateline on Friday night (because my life is so exciting!).


I don't have a ton of Halloween decor for the kitchen so I thought it would be fun to put them there.  I will let you know what kind of tape works best to hold them up.  That is still to be determined.  So far everyday there's been a small batpocalypse on the floor.






My friend Erin's mom sent me this one year.  Isn't she cute?!?


I "borrowed" the idea for this banner from here. 


This guy used to have a friend, who was a cat.  Somehow, his arms both got ripped off.  I asked the chief culprit what happened and she said, "Daddy did it."  Mmmm hmmm.


Eeek!  Kinda gross, but I thought these were cute.  I need to get more!  And find my Martha Stewart stick-on rats.  That is the hazard of buying something on sale at the end of the season. 



I'm really psyched about our mantle!  I got this cute light-up garland on sale at Target one year and I think it looks really festive.


Our living room already has kind of a fall color scheme so I like the way it all looks together.


I love these birds that have been everywhere the past few years.  I think we need some more.


A-Dub and I agree on nothing in terms of decor.  Well, nothing except that we both are obsessed with lanterns. 


There had to be a little macabre.  It is Halloween after all.  Last year, Gigi was scared of it but this year she said, "Mommy, I like that skeleton!" 


Hooray for holidays that are at the end of the month so you can celebrate all month long!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susu! Please ignore the big wad of cord that is hanging down from the mantle. I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete