Friday, September 9, 2011

Flavor Day Weekend

We had such a fun and busy Labor Day weekend (or as Gigi said, "Flavor Day").  First a visit from Mimi and Butch, from which I'm sure they are thoroughly exhausted.  

We started out on Friday night with dinner . . . 

 


. . . . . provided by little miss type A.


Saturday morning we went to the mall.  Which consisted of the Disney Store, eating lunch and seeing the ducks and turtles outside of Neiman's.  That is pretty much the extent of our mall visits usually.  I would love to know what kid figured out that they could run up the side of this planter and slide down on their stomach.  Maybe it is something innate that they all know?

 











Aren't they sweet???  Some of these pictures look bad because I took them with our little camera.



Saturday afternoon it was hot, so we decided to get out the baby pool.  Gigi loves the pool.  She is a total water bug.



Bobo not so much.  He pretty much did this~


and this~


and this~


While she did this~


and this~



and this~


Then we had some photo ops.



And popsicles.


We had an uneventful dinner at Snuffer's (no pictures of the mountain of cheese fries we ate - you're welcome).  And brunch at Ozona on Sunday morning before Butch and Mimi left. 


Sunday was Papa's birthday.  A-Dub's aunt (Papa's sister) and cousins were in town so we all went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  I highly recommend the Thai chicken pasta--it was excellent and plenty of food for both A-Dub and I.  Of course we had cheesecake for dessert.  Red velvet is Papa's favorite so that's what he got.




Look at that sweet little belly!



After dinner was over we walked over to this tiny patch of grass near the Cheesecake Factory to take a family picture.  At this point the cold front that snapped Dallas' 60+ days of 100+ degree heat had rolled in and dare I say we were all giddy.  You would have thought that patch of grass was a park.  The kids rolled and played around and we chased them and took tons of pictures.








These older boys' parents are not present (in case you are wondering how everyone fits together).  People, there is hope that our kids won't be nightmare teenagers.  These guys are soooooooooo sweet and have the best manners!  I keep asking their mom where the parenting book is that she needs to write for me.  I will keep you posted on that.

Also, is it possible to get 5 kids to all look at a camera and take a picture?  No, it is not.


This was our attempt at a family photo.  The natives were getting restless, as it was past bedtime.



On Monday morning when we woke up the cold front had completely blown through and we woke up to - gasp - CHILLY weather.  Yes, I was COLD when I walked outside.  I checked my phone - was I crazy?  I thought, it's probably 80 degrees but since I haven't felt 80 degrees in so long it feels cold.  Nope, iphone said 69.  69 degrees!!!  In Dallas!  

A-Dub and I had planned a day of hard work--no fun.  We needed to do some major Spring cleaning, but the Fall version.  A-Dub was going to clean the garage (which he actually accomplished on Saturday and Sunday) and I was going to clean Bobo's closet, which is the dumping ground for all outgrown baby clothes.  I had been throwing old clothes everywhere in there for probably 9 months.  I got started on Sunday but didn't finish.  With the change in the weather we scrapped those plans and decided to spend the whole day outside!  But first I had to clean up the mess I had made.

I need some new storage containers but was so pleased with the closet when I was finished.  I should have taken some before pictures.  There is nothing I enjoy more than a good closet clean-out.




Right when I came downstairs to tell A-Dub I was finished he informed me that someone had returned "a box" of baby clothes we had loaned them.  "Oh really, when did they give it to you?"  "On Friday."  Seriously?!?!  You knew I was cleaning out the closet and decided to tell me about it when I had just finished?!?!?  I swear, that man is lucky I love him.

Now I have to find a place for all this stuff!  Grrrrrrrrrr.  It is still sitting in the hall.


For lunch we did one of our favorite things that we had not done in months--have a picnic!  We went to a park that I used to live near so we could feed the ducks with our old bread. 






Bobo thought the bread was for him to eat.


This guy was surprisingly timid for a duck that came up out of the water to get fed.


Isn't this a pretty park?






I hope you had a wonderful Flavor Day as well!

1 comment:

  1. Such great photos and memories. This is daddy (A-dub). I just can't figure out how to do the post since I don't have a profile.

    ReplyDelete