Monday, August 29, 2011

The Details

A few months ago I bought this calendar at Target.  One of the reasons I bought it was so I could write what we are having for dinner on it so A-Dub wouldn't eat the same thing for lunch.  Kind of silly I know, but I feel like if poor thing has no say whatsoever in what he's eating for dinner he at least has a right to know in advance what he'll be having.  Also I thought it would help us keep track of activities, meetings, dinners, etc.  A lofty goal for us, but hey, it's worth a shot.

I should have taken a picture of it blank.  I didn't think about that until I was uploading pictures.


When I actually went to write on the calendar it made me wonder, as I often do, DID ANYONE THINK TO ACTUALLY USE THIS PRODUCT BEFORE THEY SOLD IT?!?!?!?

Look how fat the marker is compared to how SMALL the boxes are!


Aaarrrrrrrrgggggg!  That totally annoys me.  It even has a row where I could write our meals, but I can't fit any reasonably-lengthed dinner in there.  Chicken Parmesan on Sunday.  Indian Chicken on Monday.  A-Dub isn't going to know what "Indian CH" is. 


Heaven help us if we dare have more than one thing going on on Thursdays because there is only room for dance.


Extreme close-up.  Look how small the box is to write the number, which makes it encroach on the "mine" row.


Why didn't they order fine-tipped dry-erase markers to go along with this?  I have really neat handwriting, and it is almost illegible using this marker.  


It annoys me because as great a store as Target is, I get so frustrated with their lack of attention to details.  I realize they are wildly successful and make tons of money but how much more would they make if they did not make LAZY mistakes like this.  That, and better inventory management.  They are always out of everything--it drives me insane.  One time I was grocery shopping at our Super Target and they had no onions.  Onions!  On a Saturday!  They should be ashamed of themselves.  

I realize I could go out and buy a fine-tipped dry erase marker but the point is I shouldn't have to.  The one that went with the calendar should be appropriately sized.  As an accountant all I can think about when I notice things like this is how much money they are turning away by not being able to manage their business and products better. 

Okay, I feel better now.  Off to buy a fine-tipped dry erase marker!

2 comments:

  1. What is the diff between mine and theirs? Looks like you're going to have to start writing smaller :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine is the row for my appointments and under theirs I could probably write A-Dub, Gigi, Bobo and give them each a row for their appointments. Kind of silly.

    ReplyDelete